Thursday 23 May 2013

I TOOK OFF MY UNDERWEAR

I used to be that innocent girl who hadthe world at
her feet. I was beautiful and I had eyes and hips
that could make men sway, and to top it all up, I
was a Christian, a very good Christian with a heart
burning for God.
When I entered the university, I met a guy, his
name was Derrick.
I couldn抰 believe my luck the first time I bumped
into him on my way to class, he had such a kind
smile and a tender look that weakened my knees
when he spoke.
Because I was late for class we couldn抰talk much
but barely three weeks later, I met him at the
fresher抯 night party and I was overwhelmed. We
got talking and I found out that he was in his
second year and from that night, we became an
inseparable pair.
At first, we were friends and as months passed by,
we got closer and closer and the chemistry
between us was undeniable.
About a year after I entered the university, Derrick
and I started dating. He was everything a girlcould
ever want and desire save the fact that he wasn抰
so much of a Christian. Derrick had magical hands
that made him hard to resist and most times I fell
for it.
At first, I felt bad but when I couldn抰 help falling
into the same pit I killed theguilt on my inside. And
then one day, one of my friends said I was getting
fatter and that got me thinking and in the process I
began to link the dots協irst I
had a vomiting spree every morning which I
thought was due to a flu and then I had this
morning sickness which I felt was due to stress and
thenmy missing period卭h no it can抰 be possible I
said to myself, I couldn抰 be pregnant!!
After a series of test outside school, I realized the
dead t truth, I was indeed pregnant. I was only
nineteen, Istill had a
whole life ahead of me, what was I going to do. I
couldn抰 tell my parents, they wouldn抰 hear of it. I
had to go to Derrick to tell him what I had found
out. On telling him, I saw him fly into a temper I
had never seen in my life. He was so hysterical,
calling me all sorts ofnames and I didn抰 even know
when I started crying heart drenching tears of hurt
and betrayal.
When he looked into my eyes he must have
realized how scared and hurt I was and so he
pulled me close and ran his hands through my hair
until I had calmed down and then he said to me in
the most subtle voice ever 攚hy don抰 you have an
ab-rtion�. I pulled back instantly, I couldn抰 have
an abrtion! But when he talked about my parents
and the sanctioning of the school and the
fellowship which I belonged to, I knew I had no
other choice.
Derrick had made all the arrangements and so on
the supposed day we went to the room- like clinic. I
shivered all through my way there but Derrick
kepttelling me that it would be okay and that he
was proud that I made such a brave decision.
When I entered into the room where the ab-*tion
was supposed to take place I laid down on the table
trying to dissociate my mind from what I was about
to do and then a young man toldme sternly, � you
know I can抰 perform this procedure with your
underwear on� and then I began to pull it off. As I
did this a sense of guilt overwhelmed me, first I had
pulled off my underw**ar of pleasure and now I was
pulling it off to get rid of the stigma the pleasure
had brought厀hat ashame, I felt so exposed.
All through the times that I felt instruments coming
in and out of me, Ikept thinking of the lady I had
become and the hypocrite I had transformed into. I
let out a sigh, only if I can get through this I
muttered� only if卆nd then I felt a sharp pain pierce
through the whole of my body, I screamed but
then the doctor told me to be quiet.
I felt another pain but this time I bit mylip and then
the pain began to come in successions. I
instinctively knew that something was wrong but I
was too weak to talk or to move and then I heard
the voices of Derrick and the doctor talking about
the fact that I wasbleeding excessively.
The pain was so unbearable and I could feel myself
getting weaker and weaker. With the last strength
in me, I pleaded with God 擮h Lord I抦 so sorry for
taking my under wears off, please forgive me.�
and I drifted into a world where the pain seemed
less hurtful and the voices seemed more distant.
Friends, our bodies are the temple of the Lord� Do
not take off your underwear when the time is not
right. Lots of girls
who gained admission into the university as virgins
eventually lost it socheaply to guys who have
nothing to do with their destinies. In a bid to get a
certificate, they sold out a destiny that certificate
cannot guarantee. Don't awaken love until it is time!

No comments:

Post a Comment